Thursday, February 11, 2010

Emilee and Gavin came to Africa and we had a great time. (As per usual I loaded the pictures backwards from what I wanted) We visited the Masai Mara and saw lots of animals, attended the Chyulu District Conference and stayed at Kilaguni Lodge in Tsavo West National Park.

This is a big bull elephant we saw each day coming in and going out of Tsavo.
A beautiful Acacia Tree. I really like these trees, but they have the longest, sharpest thorns on them. However, the giraffes tongues just work around the thorns to eat the leaves.

Bill and Emilee looking over Mzima Springs. Usually there are lots of hippos here, but about 60 died during the drought last year. We did see three crocodiles sunning themselves on the far bank.
Emilee and Gavin on the swinging bridge at the Intrepids Tented Camp. They look good in their safari hats. The food was good, the weather so wonderful, the sights beautiful, and the company filled our hearts.

3 comments:

Julie said...

That elephant is huge! I love everything about the acacia tree photo!

Natalie Daines said...

swinging bridge...that's cool! I'm glad you had a fun visit to fill your bucket! I love you!

suzanne said...

Such cute photos! I can't wait to see more!!!