Monday, December 31, 2007

Christmas in Kenya

Christmas this year was different from any others I've enjoyed. The weather was warm and beautiful. No snow. Just warm sunshine and gentle breezes.
We welcomed 4 new missionary sisters on the Friday before Christmas and 3 Elders the day after.
Suzanne and Julie joined us for the holidays and we've enjoyed them so much. We spent some time at the Intrepids Camp at the Masai Mara and then at Lake Nakuru. Driving through the countryside, sighting animals and watching them in their natural habitat with no telephones, or horns honking was a perfect way to enjoy the beauties that the Lord has provided for us in this amazing world. Our love and appreciation for the Him has grown in ways not expected.

2 comments:

Arlene said...

Hi Kenyanites--It was fun to see Bill and his daughters enjoying a snack together and celebrating a different kind of Christmas together (complete with Coke!) They all look so happy. I had a weird dream about you guys last week. You four were sent home from Kenya because it was too dangerous for you to be there. You were all very sad (the girls especially because their vacation had been cut short), but I was trying to cheer you up and telling you I was sure you'd get to go back soon . . . anyway, it was really good to see you again, almost in person! You did look great! I've started a blog, too: snakerivercannons. blogspot.com. Happy New Year to All!

Camille said...

Nice Hat Dad! haha Looks like you guys had a blast! I've loved listening to all the stories from Suzanne since she's been home. I can't wait until I get to come see those things for myself. Chad and I are definitely planning a trip! I love you!