Monday, June 1, 2009

We drove to Suma Migori to visit Julius Makombe and his family. This is the road we drove on. It was 15 k outside the town, very dense foliage, beautiful!
These are the some of the older sisters that gathered for our visit: Margaret, Faniel, Juliana, Margaret, Silvia, and Flora. The younger women did the cooking over a fire: ugali, sukumawiki (sp), chicken, rice and pineapple.

Julius, Kolloric, Jim and Joliette in front of the home they are building because their other house burned.

President Taylor with Benard (in the dark shirt in front of Bill with the big smile) and his wife Helen (in the white suit) and his family and friends. Benard and Helen have 6 children, but have taken in 7 ophans.


Kisumu town across an inlet of Lake Victoria.






2 comments:

suzanne said...

Wow-- what some great photos, Mom! I love seeing the people who are living in Kisumu!

crystal said...

Mom--I love the pictures of your life there! It's humbling to see the conditions to which the folks there are accustomed! I am anxious to see it all with you and Dad! Love, Crystal