Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Crystal and Pat came and spent a week with us getting to know our world over here. It was so fun having them here: visiting, laughing, crying, driving, meeting people, seeing the animals. I loved having them here. We took a safari at the Masai Mara, attended the branch conference in Kilili, stayed overnight at the Kiliguni lodge, introduced them to the people at the mission office and service center, took them shopping at our Mall and just had a great time. I'm grateful for their visit here.
Here they are in front of the Keekorak Lodge with a Masai warrior. He charged 100ks to have his picture taken with them. They visited a Masai village and had fun bartering for the goods.
We drove to the Mara river to see the Crossing of the zebras and wildebeest, but the animals didn't cooperate. So we had our breakfast under a tree by the river and could see some hippos as we ate.

Crystal, Pat and Genie in front of the safari van before our first game drive. We flew from Nairobi to Keekorak in a small plane and landed on a dirt airstrip. Near the lodge was a hippo pool where we could watch the hippos and laugh at the outrageous noises they make.




3 comments:

Natalie Daines said...

I'm so glad you had a good, safe time with Crys and Pat. Feeling a bit re-energized? I hope so.

Mama Tales said...

I enjoyed the posts. What a great thing to have a chance to visit with your kids and for them to be able to visit with you. I hope you all had a great time!!!

suzanne said...

Ditto on what Nat said :) Of course you all had such a good time! We've loved hearing about it from Crys and Pat-- we miss you though :) I love you.