Friday, May 7, 2010

Iris and Larry came to Kenya for a visit the last of April. We visited Bomas of Kenya, which has replicas of the various tribal villages along with a performance of different tribal dances. Iris and Larry were able to get in a few rounds of golf, visit the National Museum and made their way through the Zebra Market with their smiles (and wallets) in tact. They rode with us to Eldoret/Kitale for a zone conference, branch training and a branch reorganization. They went with the Missionary Couples to the Masai Mara while Bill and I worked. It was fun having them here and it was so good to see them again.

This is the dance from Somalia. Aren't the costumes beautiful!

The Masai Warrior and the pretty maiden.


3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Sounds like the Masai Mara is a place not to miss! Glad Aunt Iris and Uncle Larry could make it

Natalie Daines said...

I love seeing pictures on your blog, Mom. A picture is worth a thousand words, right?!
I am so happy Iris and Larry had a safe visit. You and Dad are the ultimate host and hostess!
I love you!

Mama Tales said...

Oh, it looks like SO much fun!